Special Education Needs and Disabilities
This course is aimed at practioners who work in childcare and may come in contact with children who have S.E.N.D.
Introduction and a better understanding of:
- Communication and interaction
- Hearing loss
- Cognition and learning
- Behavioural, emotional and social development
- Sensory and/or physical development
- Behavioural/social development, Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Reading and writing (eg. dyslexia)
- Understanding things
- Concentrating, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Physical needs or impairments
- The importance of inclusion
- A history of Special Education Needs
- Government guidelines 2001
- Case for change and vision
- Government guidelines 2014
- What the reforms cover
- Implementation timeline and support available
- What the reforms mean for children, young delivery partners
- Policy in detail
- New requirement for LAs, health and care services to commission services jointly for SEN and disability;
- More streamlined assessment process, co-ordinated across education, health and care;
- New 0-25 Education, Health and Care Plans for those with more complex needs;
- New statutory protections for young people aged 16-25 in FE
- The option of a personal budget for families and young people with an EHC plan.
Certificate in Special Education Needs and Disabilities Level 2
Methods used during the training: presentation, short lectures, group discussion.
Course duration: 3 hours
Course cost: £75.00 per person
Trainer: John Anderson is the principle trainer and facilitator in the company with over 26 years training experience and has been involved in Safeguarding since 1976. He delivers and develops various courses in Childcare, Healthcare and Dentistry.
Contact details: phone consultant in the office: 0208445412