Safeguarding Children Level 2 (Ofsted approved)
The serious case reviews of ‘Baby P’ in London, Daniel Pelka in Coventry are only two examples that highlight the importance of ‘Safeguarding Children’. Although Child Protection Law originally dates back to 1889 (The Children’s Charter), a lot more has to be done to ensure the safety of children.
During the course we’ll explore Staff responsibilities in respect of safeguarding children. It also considers the ‘referral’ process to other agencies and likely staff involvement throughout. We will work to understand definitions and roles as well as the importance of providing children the safe environment.
- Know the definitions connected to safeguarding children
- Know the characteristics of different kind of abuse
- Identify the symptoms of abuse
- Learn about vulnerable children and children in need
- Know the difference between safeguarding children and child protection
- Learn about different examples of abuse and discuss them
- Identify different legal acts to support your work
- Know how to react for the disclosure
- Know what situations of concern to report and to who
- Know how to prepare a formal report
YOU WILL ALSO:
- Be able to identify and support children who are experiencing or are at risk of experiencing a significant harm
- You will be sure you know how to react in a proper way when you are concerned about child’s welfare
- You will be able to follow a legal path of reporting the concern
- Be aware of different examples of abuse and groups of children at risk
- Understanding what is safeguarding
- Understanding child protection
- Understanding the levels of abuse
- Understanding some signs of abuse
- Understanding how to report abuse
- Understanding Whistleblowing
Course outcome: Certificate in Safeguarding Children Level 2 (valid for 2 years)
The course is dedicated to nursery and primary school teachers, teaching assistants, childminders, managers in nurseries and everyone whose work is related to children between 0 and 5 years old.
Methods used during the training: presentation, short lectures, group discussion, individual work, group work.
Course duration: 3 hours
Course cost: £75.00 per person
Trainer: John Anderson is the principle trainer and facilitator in the company with over 26 years training experience and has been involved in Safeguarding since 1976. He delivers and develops various courses in Childcare, Healthcare and Dentistry.
Trainer: Aga Pozniak – trainer and facilitator. Author of the research about different methods of dealing with children in early education organised by catholic nuns. For three years a childminder for the friend’s children. For the last five years a managing-mum.
Contact details: phone consultant in the office: 0208445412